March Break is right around the corner and Norfolk County has lots to see and do!
Here is our top 15 things to do in Norfolk County this March Break:
1. Norfolk Wildlife Festival and Adventure Show, WILDER than ever! Kick off March break with this awesome festival on March 10 and 11 at the Aud in Simcoe. Check out the exciting shows, Little Ray’s Reptile Zoo, a duck slide, rabbits, llams and a donkey! There will be so much to do with a scavenger hunt, wall climbing, the handy hammers club, pony rides and more! Don’t miss out on this WILD March Break Adventure.
2. Make art like an Egyptian at the Ancient Civilizations March Break Program at the Norfolk Arts Centre! Each day a different ancient culture will be examined. From Egyptian hieroglyphs to Mayan temples you will learn about the art and architecture of past societies as models for own ancient civilizations-inspired creations. Participants will look at the features of Lynnwood National Historic Site to consider how ancient civilizations have influenced art and architecture throughout the ages. Find out more information here.
3. March is Lobsterfest at Davids Restaurant and the Chef has created so many great ways to enjoy this sea-food favourite. Treat yourself over March Break to one of these mouth watering lobster creations from David’s Loberfest menu. We are almost drooling over the Lobster Burger made with creamy lobster, baked brie, smoked bacon, ice burg lettuce, house made fennel relish on a brioche bun.
4. The “Nearly World Famous” DuffleBag Theatre will be returning this March Break with CINDERELLA, their interactive play. Don’t miss this high-energy, comedic adaptation of the timeless fairytale! Audience members (that means grown-ups, too) will have the opportunity to join DuffleBag actors on stage and bring this hilarious show to life! CINDERELLA wouldn’t be complete without the magical Fairy Godmother, Prince Charming and, of course, Cinderella’s boisterous and determined animal companions. Find out more information here.
5. Team up with Create Studio and Amber Earth Studio in Port Dover for a bath bomb workshop. Bath Bomb Bonanza is a hands on class where your young one will choose their own blends of essential oils, colouring, and personal touch whether it be glitter bombs (dissolving food grade) or a hidden treasure to take home.
6. Join the four time Guiness World Record holding Illusionist Lucas Wilson and his assistant Kelly Defilla as they bring a NEW family fun magic show to Lighthouse Festival Theatre this March Break. Get the VIP experience to learn how to perform your very own magic at home! Proceeds from the show go to support Lucas’ program at McMaster Children’s Hospital in Hamilton. Find out more information here.
7. Willie’s is open for the season! Enjoy a famous Willie Burger created with its quarter-pound charbroiled beef burger topped with peameal bacon, cheese, Famous Willie’s Homemade BBQ Sauce and condiments of your choice. Other favourites include chicken-on-a-bun, homestyle BBQ chicken and ribs and Lake Erie yellow perch.
8. The Simcoe Town Centre will be hosting a FREE March Break event on Wednesday March 14 hosted by 92.9 The Grand. There will lots to do through out the day including The Barry O’ Kidshow filled with puppets, magic tricks & juggling that adds up to lots of FUN! There will even be a FREE workshop in “juggling skills” for beginners following Barry O’s show!
10. Experience a fun-filled WHAM March Break with special access to hands-on learning through history, science, art, music and much more! Find out more information here.
11. The Vittoria & District Foundation will host the 22nd Annual Spaghetti Dinner and Auction on Saturday, March 17, 2018. Find out more information here.
12. Check out the 30+ year-round Simcoe Farmers’ Market. Inside vendors plus many seasonal outdoor vendors. Produce, eggs, 3 bakeries, 2 butchers, fresh poultry, fresh/smoked fish, deli, local cheese, apples, cider, honey, preserves, crafts, flowers, VQA wines.
13. Enjoy a delicious lunch at Urban Parisian over March Break. This charming, authentic French bakery is creating incredible lunch specials! With new features and soups daily, there is always something delicious to enjoy. You’ll have to pick from an assortment of the most exquisite pastries you will see outside of Paris for dessert!
14. Try something new and visit Circle of Friends Pottery for a March Break Pottery Adventure! Bring a group of 4-6 family and friends for a hands-on, creative learning adventure in the art of throwing clay on a potters wheel. Various times available each day from Thursday March 15 to Saturday march 17.
15. This is your chance to GET CREATIVE at Art With Heart. The 2018 March Break Camp will be a fun journey of “Art Throughout the Ages”. You’ll get the chance to learn about old fashioned art techniques such as making our own paint and paper. Be inspired by the works of famous artists who came before us. And of course, it’s Art with Heart so there will be plenty of artsy mess making and silly fun sprinkled throughout the day!
If we missed any great things to do in Norfolk County during March Break, feel free to leave them in the comments below!