March Break is right around the corner and Norfolk County has lots to see and do!
Here is our top 15 things to do in Norfolk County this March Break:
1. The “Nearly World Famous” DuffleBag Theatre will be returning this March Break with CINDERELLA, their newest interactive play. Don’t miss this high-energy, comedic adaptation of the timeless fairytale! Audience members (that means grown-ups, too) will have the opportunity to join DuffleBag actors on stage and bring this hilarious show to life! CINDERELLA wouldn’t be complete without the magical Fairy Godmother, Prince Charming and, of course, Cinderella’s boisterous and determined animal companions. Find out more information here.
2. Make art like an Egyptian at the Ancient Civilizations March Break Program at the Norfolk Arts Centre! Each day a different ancient culture will be examined. From Egyptian hieroglyphs to Mayan temples you will learn about the art and architecture of past societies as models for own ancient civilizations-inspired creations. Participants will look at the features of Lynnwood National Historic Site to consider how ancient civilizations have influenced art and architecture throughout the ages. Find out more information here.
4. Experience a fun-filled WHAM March Break with special access to hands-on learning through history, science, art, music and much more! Find out more information here.
6. Join The Illusionist Lucas Wilson and his assistant Kelly Defilla as they bring a NEW family fun magic show to Lighthouse Festival Theatre this March Break! Find out more information here.
7. Willie’s is open for the season! Enjoy a famous Willie Burger created with its quarter-pound charbroiled beef burger topped with peameal bacon, cheese, Famous Willie’s Homemade BBQ Sauce and condiments of your choice. Other favourites include chicken-on-a-bun, homestyle BBQ chicken and ribs and Lake Erie yellow perch.
8. Ever since she was a small girl Elle Bouck loved to bake and over the past years has grown even more passionate about not only baking but creating a small town community atmosphere where people could enjoy tasty treats. Elle wanted a place where friends, family and neighbours could gather and spend quality time together while enjoying delicious sweet treats or browse through a boutique of fashionable kitchen and tabletop finds. That’s exactly what she did by opening Bella’s Bakery & Boutique!
9. Go public skating! Skating times can be viewed here.
10. Winter Owl Prowl
11. The Vittoria & District Foundation will host the 20th Annual Spaghetti Dinner and Auction on Saturday, March 19, 2016. Find out more information here.
12. Check out the 30+ year-round Simcoe Farmers’ Market. Inside vendors plus many seasonal outdoor vendors. Produce, eggs, 3 bakeries, 2 butchers, fresh poultry, fresh/smoked fish, deli, local cheese, apples, cider, honey, preserves, crafts, flowers, VQA wines.
14. #GirlsRock March Break Day Program at the Simcoe Recreation Centre. Join this fun filled day of dancing, swimming, crafts, make-up, fashion tips and much more! Find out more information here.
15. Lighthouse Festival Theatre is thrilled to feature Alexander & the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day a fun filled interactive production presented by To Be Determined Theatre Co. This fast paced comedy follows Alexander through his terrible day complete with singing, dancing and tons of audience interaction. This production is perfect for families and audiences of all ages! Get tickets here.
If we missed any great things to do in Norfolk County during March Break, feel free to leave them in the comments below!