Our REALTORS® have seen it all. Well, they’ve seen a whole lot when it comes to buying and selling real estate. Here are a few insider tips they’ve picked up along the way that you’ve probably never heard before.
1. Ask your REALTOR® how your offer will be presented. Wouldn’t you want your REALTOR® to present your offer to the sellers personally rather than just emailing it to the seller’s REALTOR®?
2. Always assume that you are being recorded when viewing houses. While not legal without your knowledge and consent, we know of situations where sellers have used listening devices to try to get the inside scoop on a buyer’s negotiating strategy.
3. Leave your SmartPhones at the door! Without the seller’s permission, you’re not allowed to take photos in the home owner’s house. Don’t risk breaking privacy laws.
4. Once you’ve found your dream home, don’t ’show your hand on Social Media. Sellers and their REALTORS® might see your post and you may end up paying more as a result of what you said on Facebook.
5. Google the address of any house you’re interested in. The history of your future home and neighbourhood are a simple search function away. Try this … google cigar smoking ghost in Richmond Hill!
6. Are you receiving Customer of Client Service from your REALTOR®? There’s a big difference and if you don’t know the answer to this question your REALTOR® may be obligated to tell the seller how much you’re prepared to pay.
7. The day that you become owner of your new home make sure that everything is in working order. Crank the furnace and air conditioner, ignite any gas fireplaces, do a load of laundry if the washer & dryer were included. If you discover something isn’t in proper working condition, the seller is responsible for repairing it. However, if you discovers that something isn’t working beyond the closing day it’s probably your responsibility.
If you’re looking to buy in Norfolk or Oxford Counties, we’d love to be considered. Get in touch to see if one of us is the right REALTOR® for you.